how to get your phone connected with your other devices…
With the growth of technology there is pretty much a lot of amazing things we can accomplish.
For instance, consider the fact that today we have the internet on phones, TV on computers, Amazon shopping on coffee machines, and so on.
Now this: the possibility of connecting your android phone wirelessly to your TV and enjoying a wide range of programs without lifting a remote control.
In this article we have compiled different ways you can connect your android phone to your television and the wonderful possibilities that also come with it.
Read also: Why You Should Root Your New Android Phone
How to Get your Phone Connected with your other Devices
Below are different ways you can get your phone connected to your android device.
Method 1: ChromeCast
The ChromeCast device is the easiest way to get your phone connected to your television.
ChromeCast can serve a lot of functions. For instance it allows the use of multiple smartphones on the same wireless network to interact with a television. It allows sending of files of videos, photos or music to your television.
It allows you to watch videos, and programs seamlessly from your phone non-stop.
You can even project your phone screen to your TV and even play games from your phone at full volume.
To use the ChromeCast device it is plugged into an HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) port on your television.
Once plugged and set up, any phone connected within the wi-fi network can practically control the television regardless of the phone type, model, or operating system.
It natively integrates with Hulu, Netflix, HBO Go, Chrome, Firefox, Youtube, Google Music, Pandora and many other services.
Seriously, this thing is insane. Whether you want to showcase content on your phone with a larger screen or use your phone as a remote control, ChromeCast is your friend.
- First buy the device. The device would be set up for you and a network password would be given you for your wi-fi.
- Then plug it to your television. Look for the HDMI port in your television and plug it.
- Connect to the wi-fi. Using the television’s input selection, navigate to the HDMI channel to see ChromeCast’s home screen. Locate your wi-fi network and login using your network password.
- Start casting. Most android phones connect naturally to the ChromeCast if the wi-fi network is on. Once connected and detects the ChromeCast device, the casting icon will appear.
- Control. From here you can begin to control your television the way you want.
Method 2: Using Cables
If the using the wireless technology as described above is not your thing then you have nothing to worry. There is an option of using cables.
Although cables cannot turn your phone a remote in its real sense due to the cable connection, but it can control your TV nonetheless.
- Get the right cables. Some modern phones come with micro HDMI ports which simplifies the process. All you will need is a micro HDMI to HDMI cable. For android phones that doesn’t have this kind of port but only have the micro USB port, then you’ll need to get a Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL). An MHL converts the signal from your device’s micro USB port into one that won’t freak out an HDMI cable. Then attach it to a HDMI cable to complete the connection.
- Connect the Cables. Connect the cable to the television HTMI port.
- Tune in. Using your television’s Input selection, navigate to the HDMI channel. Your phone would detect the HDMI connection, and a pop-up will give you several options including Gallery, Music, and Mirror on Display.
Method 3: Infrared
Most of us can recall when infrared was boasting in popularity until Bluetooth came along and overthrow it.
The infrared were initially used for transfer of date between devices but recently there has been a new twist as they can be used for all sorts of crazy things like turning your phone into a universal remote control. Remember infrared is exactly what remote controls normally use to communicate with televisions.
It can also be valuable to find your phone at those times they get hidden inside your house and you can’t just tell where you last dropped them.
So if you want to turn your phone into a TV remote and you have any of the phones that uses infrared then you good to use this option.
Although it is possible to grant your phone the powers of an infrared technology it might be a complex process if you are not tech savvy.
- Get a Universal Remote App from the any app store.
- Get to Clicking. Once you get hold on this app then you can get to control any television, even your neighbor’s TV. That is as simple and powerful as it can be.
We don’t however using your new found trick to cause any mischief.
Method 4: Harmony Smart Control
Harmony Smart Control is an inventive little system that interacts with your phone via your wireless network and converts that information into all the infrared and Bluetooth little blips that your television and gaming systems use to interact with their respective remotes.
The device is a bit pricey compared to ChromeCast although they both serve nearly the same functions.
The only difference is that it is far better than ChromeCast at acting like a normal remote as it flips through cable channels easily.
If you’re dead-set on turning your phone into a remote control without using an infrared port, this is your best option.
- Order Harmony Smart Control from Logitech.com
- Install the Device. Setting up the Harmony Smart Control device varies widely depending on what kind of entertainment setup you are using. You can use to the guide pretty much self-explanatory.You can also get extensive support for troubleshooting from their website.
- Download the Harmony Android App from any app store. The app has a walk through to help you sync it up with the Harmony Smart Control.
- And there you have it to control your TV in seamlessly easy touch on buttons.
For those passionate about the possibilities their phone can offer when connected to a television it can really be a new world of fun at a relatively little expense.
Apart for connecting your android phone to your TV and enjoying the feel of a larger screen and sound system for the same content on your phone, it can be amazing to your device into a universal remote.
Imagine playing a music video while you tidy up the living room right from your phone. Well the most important thing is to get the equipment you need to accomplish the results that you desire.
With my experience it is my opinion that you use ChromeCast because it is both inexpensive and flexible. Once you get used to playing around with this trick, you would hardly get off its hook!